Title 1 contains:
- Manufacturer’s Preliminary Pilot’s Notes for the Short S.45 Solent for BOAC service, publication RSSO/TP/106/PN dated Sept 1947 with approx. 76 pages.
- Manufacturer’s Servicing and Descriptive Manual for the Short Solent 3, dated January 1951 with approx. 493 pages. (This manual includes a section on flying instructions for the pilot.)
- Manufacturer’s publicity brochure for the range of aircraft produced by Short Bros, titled “Short Aircraft Data”. Includes Solent, Sandringham, Sealand, etc. Undated with approx. 16 pages.
Title 2 contains:
- Manufacturer’s Maintenance Manual for the Short Solent 4 Flying Boat. Amended to AL3 dated 21-1-52 with approx. 637 pages. (The table of contests lists “Flight Notes” as the last section, but this is not present in this manual.)
- Short S.45 “Flight Notes”, undated with approx. 64 pages. (This may be the section missing from the above manual, but came from a different source and does not identify which Solent model it applies to.)
- Manufacturer’s publicity brochure for the Short Sandringham II Flying Boat. Undated but has Library of Congress stamp dated 1947, with approx. 16 pages.