Title 1 contains:
- Handbook of Flight Operating Instructions for the USAF models C-47, C-47A and Navy models R4D-1, R4D-5, AN 01-40NC-1 dated 20-11-44 revised to 2-11-51, with approx 104 pages.
- Handbook of Flight Operating Instructions for the USAF models C-47B, C-47D and Navy models R4D-6, R4D-7, AN 01-40ND-1 dated 19-9-45 revised to 12-10-51, with approx 66 pages.
- USAAF Pilot Training Manual for the C-47 Skytrain, undated with approx 111 pages.
Title 2 contains:
- Handbook of Operating and Flight Instructions for the USAAF models C-39 and C-42 Transport aircraft, Technical Order No 01-40NB-1 dated 25-3-41, with approx 33 pages. The C-39 was a combination of DC-2 fuselage with the DC-3 wing, while the C-42 was a VIP version of the C-39.
- USAAF Pilot’s Flight Operating Instructions for the “DC-3”, Technical Order No 01-40NL-1 dated 30-4-42 revised to 5-5-43, with approx 86 pages. Unusually, this USAAF publication uses a civil model designation. Inside, the manual lists all those USAAF models the manual applies to, from the C-38 through to the C-53C. (These are all civil DC-3 aircraft impressed into USAAF service during WW2).
- USAAF Maintenance Instructions for the “DC-3”, Technical Order No 01-40NL-2 dated 15-5-42 revised to 5-5-43, with approx 415 pages. This is the companion manual to the flight manual above.
Title 3 contains:
- Flight Operating Instructions for the C-47 and C-47A, AN 01-40NC-1 dated 10-3-43, in the Russian language. (Basically a Russian translation of the USAAF manual).
- RAAF Pilot’s Notes for the C-47B (also applicable to the C-47A), RAAF Publication No 821 undated, with approx 65 pages.
- Canadian Forces Aircraft Operating Instructions for the Dakota, EO 05-35A-1 dated 3-8-71, with approx 132 pages.
Title 4 contains:
- RAF Pilot’s Notes for the Dakota I and III, AP 2445A & C-PN Edition dated Feb 44 with approx 40 pages.
- RAF Pilot’s Notes for the Dakota IV, AP 2445D-PN 3rd Edition dated Apr 49 with approx 52 pages.
- USAAF Handbook of Operating Instructions for the C-53, Technical Order No 01-40NJ-1 dated 20-4-42 revised to 10-8-42, with approx 99 pages.
Title 5 contains:
- Manufacturer’s Operating Instructions for the Douglas DC-3, dated 1942, with approx 113 pages.
- Manufacturer’s Operation Manual for the Douglas DC-3C, dated 1-12-46 revised to 1-6-47, with approx 68 pages.
- Manufacturers Maintenance Manual for the Douglas DC-3C, dated 1-7-46 revised to 1-6-47, with approx 528 pages.
Title 6 contains:
- Flight Manual for the USAF models C-47A,B,D C-117A,B,C, US Navy models C-47H, C-47J and TC-47K, NAVAIR 01-40NC-1 and TO 1C-47-1 dated 15-3-66 revised to 1-7-66, with approx 356 pages.
- Utility Flight Handbook for the USAF model AC-47, TO 1C-47(A)-1 dated 1-3-55 revised to 1-4-56, with approx 206 pages. (The AC-47 was an airways inspection aircraft during the 1950’s.)
- Partial Flight Manual for the AC-47D, TO 1C-47D(A)-1 dated 19-2-67 revised to 17-2-69 with approx 56 pages. (This is the version used in Viet Nam with a cannon firing out the cargo door.)