The Ercoupe was designed by Fred Weick, a former assistant chief of the aeronautics division of NACA (the forerunner of NASA), as part of his continuing studies on the safest possible fixed-wing light aircraft. It first flew in 1937 and was put into production by Engineering Research Corp (Erco) in 1940 but discontinued in 1941 when American entered WW2. It used a two-control flight control system and was the first aircraft certificated as being “characteristically incapable of spinning”.
Production resumed after WW2 in 1946 but quickly fell victim to the post-war slump in sales of light aircraft. The type subsequently went through a series of owners who all attempted with varying degrees of success to put the aircraft back into production, including Forney, Alon and Mooney.
This title contains two flight manuals for two later versions of the Ercoupe and the service manual for the original 1947 model. The files have been scanned from the original documents and retain any colour pages.