DOUGLAS C-124 GLOBEMASTER II
Title: Douglas C-124 Globemaster II
The C-124 was developed from the earlier C-74 and first flew in 1949. It was the only aircraft of its time able to carry heavy equipment such as tanks and bulldozers without disassembly. The C-124C featured more powerful engines and combustion heaters in wingtip pods, for cabin heating and anti-icing, features later retro-fitted to the C-124A.
448 examples were built, and they remained the standard USAF heavylift transport aircraft in the 1950’s and 1960’s until the introduction of the C-141. The last examples were operated by Air National Guard units and finally retired in 1974.
This title contains the USAF Flight Manual for the first variant of the C-124 along with a nice manufacturer’s brochure. The files have been scanned from the original flight manuals and retain any colour pages.